HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in
Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
The Online Applications can be filled upto 08th September, 2017 till 6:00 PM
The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respects like applicants' details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc.
The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
All candidates whether already in Government Service including candidates
serving in the Armed Forces, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications online direct to the Commission.
N.B.I: Persons already in Government Service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are, however, required to inform their Head of Office/Department in writing that they have applied for the Examination.
N.B.II: Candidates serving in the Armed Forces are required to inform their Commanding Officer in writing that they have applied for this examination. They are also required to submit NOC in this regard at the time of SSB interview.
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from
payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
Note.1 : Applicants who opt for "Pay by Cash" mode should print the system generated Pay in-slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. "Pay by Cash" mode option will be deactivated at 11:59 PM of 07.09.2017 i.e. one day before the closing date.
Candidates are advised to keep ready the following documents in original alongwith their self attested copies soon after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination which is likely to be declared in the month of December, 2017 for submission to the Army HQ/Naval HQ/Air HQ as the case may be :
(1) Matric/Higher Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent showing date of birth
(2) Degree/Provisional Degree Certificate/Marks sheet showing clearly having passed degree examination and eligible for award of degree.
In the first instance all qualified candidates eligible for SSB interview will carry their original Matric/Higher Secondary School Certificate as also their Degree/Provisional Degree Certificate/Marks sheet with them while going to the Services Selection Centres for SSB interview.
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in
Salient Features of the system to Online Applications Form are given hereunder:
• Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
• Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application form containing two stages viz. Part I and Part II as per the instructions available in the above mentioned site through drop down menu.
• The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees two hundred only) [except SC/ST candidates and those specified in Note-2 of Para 4 of the Notice who are exempted from payment of fee] either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner &
Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
• Before start filling up Online Application, a candidate must have his photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
• The Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled from 09th August,2017 to 08th September, 2017 till 6:00 PM.
• Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. However, if due to any unavoidable circumstances any applicant submits multiple applications then he must ensure that the applications with higher RID is complete in all respects.
• In case of multiple applications, the applications with higher RID shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
• The applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active E-mail Ids as the Commission may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at different stages of examination process.
• The applicants are advised to check their e-mails at regular intervals and ensure that the email address ending with @nic.in are directed to their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder.
• Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of online application.